Sunday 9 March 2014

Why I became a photographer...



Growing up as a kid my family did such a wonderful job of capturing those moments by camera.  My mother always had an amazingly artist eye....which I never thought I would follow.

In 2008 I moved to one of the most beautiful places on earth.  Kelowna, BC.  I had my camera out a lot however I felt like I was just taking in the beauty with my own eyes rather than using my camera. My photos however seemed to only be of my dogs.  Then when my son was born in 2010 I noticed how truly important it is to capture those moments, because it goes so fast.  I begin to really notice this with my clients now.  I usually warn parents who do photos to commemorate a first birthday to prepare to notice how grown up their babies have gotten.

I then made the decision to stay at home to raise my son.  Some of you may know I am a single mom.  Now before you feel sorry for me.  This is not my intention.  I absolutely love it and wouldn't change a thing.  He's made me into the person I have become and I will forever be grateful.  I take pride in being an involved mom, which this career path has allowed me to do this.



Now the benefits of having a studio in my home.....I have a built in model!  He began by being extremely photogenic and now as he grows it is much more of a challenge for me to capture those photos I really hope for.

This career allows me a lot of flexibility to be as good of a mom as possible, as well to travel and still make a living.  I'm currently doing photoshoots all over Alberta and British Columbia.  Since moving back to Edmonton from Kelowna my family has since moved to Kelowna.  I remember them being so concerned with leaving because my son was so young and they didn't want to miss out on watching him grown up.  However its wonderful!!  It gives me an excuse to go back every couple of months to visit friends and family.  As well I have built a great clientelle in Kelowna.

Now that you know a little more about myself....this is why I became a photographer and feel blessed to do a job everyday that doesn't feel like work.  I couldn't do what I do without such amazing clients and referrals so thank you for enabling me to live my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment