Wednesday 4 June 2014

What to wear depending on your session.


I think my most common question asked is "what to wear"  recently I've felt like a total fashionista which is entirely not me.  However my clients always ask me to help them when it comes to their attire.  I have done blog posts on what to wear before however I seem to never have enough information.  Here is a few key points.


  • You don't need to MATCH!  Coordinate yes. Match no.  The days of families all in black shirts and blue jeans is no longer thankfully.  I always help people pick wardrobes to coordinate.  Texture is great.  Color is great.  However most of all be comfortable. 


  • No big logos.  Don't get me wrong I love brand name.  However I don't love when dad's show up with a big fox logo on their t shirt.  I have asked people to turn there shirts around or inside out.  So it's usually one of my initial warnings.  It takes away from the people.  It's usually so busy.  For an example of this I am going to show you a photo below.  Now let me explain this photo first.  I was photographing Ciarra for the launch of her website.  My son was with us at the end of the session and he had a day at the park in his play clothes.  Needless to say....imagine this same photo if he had a solid colour shirt on rather than his silly Iron Man t-shirt.

  • Pick your wardrobe according to your location and session. Eg. If you are doing a maternity session in the summer light flowy fabrics are the way to go.  See this family nailed it.  If you are doing a winter session definately need to plan for the weather.  Choosing locations that will look good hanging in your house is always something to consider as well.


Hopefully this helps a little as well check out my other blog post about what to wear for more great useful tips.  However if you are stuck, I am always willing to help my clients so feel free to message me.  Talk soon!!







No comments:

Post a Comment